The facilities of AEIFOROS
and Almyros, Magnissia and AEIFOROS BULGARIA
recycle by-products that are created from the corresponding production units in Greece
, thus making a substantial contribution towards ensuring environmental protection. AEIFOROS produces a wide range of end products, used by the road construction sector and the building materials production industry, as well as metals used by the metal processing industry.
More specifically, they process a wide range of steel plant and metallurgy industry by-products, as well as by-products from the processing of copper and aluminium. The products arising are hard aggregates for the construction of skid-resistant courses in road pavements; sand for industrial floors; cement products (paving blocks, slabs); biological treatment and sand blasting; lime cement for mortars and adhesives, fine sand of low unit weight and gravel; as well as non-ferrous metals (aluminium, copper, bronze, etc) from recycled automobiles and home appliances.
Note that the AEIFOROS plant at Almyros, Magnissia has privately owned port facilities.
In addition to by-product recycling, AEIFOROS is an authorised depollution and vehicle-recycling centre for vehicles at the end of their lifecycle and receives vehicles for depollution and permanent deregistration, which are further recycled in the meltshop.
In January 2012, AEIFOROS S.A. acquired 70% of the share capital of THERMOLITH S.A. which operates in the sector of industrial minerals mining and processing and in the manufacture of fireproof materials. The facilities of THERMOLITH S.A. are located at Polygyros, Chalkidiki and Skoumtsa, Grevena and include a manufacturing unit of basic fireproof mass and an olivine crushing, enrichment and processing unit respectively.
Finally, it is noted that in 2006, AEIFOROS S.A. won the first prize in the category Ecological Products for the production of hard aggregates from the recycling of electric arc furnace slag, in the framework of the "Greek Business Awards for the Environment 2005-2006".
The main products of the company are:
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metal scrap (Iron, aluminum, stainless, copper, bronze as secondary raw materials for smelting.
- Mill scale (ferrous oxides) for the cement industry, steelworks and the chemical industry
- Olivine products (EBT filler sand, slag conditioner, foundry sand) and refractories for the industry through its subsidiary THERMOLITH S.A.
- Anti-skid aggregates for road construction certified according to CE13043
- Aggregates for unbound pavements certified according to CE13242
- Sand (without filler) for industrial floors, cement products (concrete tiles, paving blocks), sandblasting.
- Light fine sand and hydraulic binders
- Calcium-Silica raw material for clinker production
- Raw material for plasters, mortars and coatings
- Sewage sludge stabilizer